Megatron the Decepticon Takes on "El Mundo"

This is my interpretation of the world that is in front of me as I travel down through Central and South America with my good friend Mere. My writing may not be the most clear but if you know me you will most likely understand it all.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

From Bocas to the City

We finally made it out. Though I was starting to doubt that it would actually happen. We left Bocas after 2 1/2 weeks and are now in Panama City looking for a boat to take us to Cartegena, Colombia.

Bocas was fabulous and as you can probably guess, a very hard place to leave. We left knowing we would return. Our new friends have made quite an impression and I think we got some lifers. The owners as I have previously mentioned are all from the bay area with souls of pure northwest energy. I spent my fair share with the locals as well. We made some artisan friends who we have now actually reconnected with in the city and are going to spend some time with here as well.

However I did not leave empty handed. Bocas left me with a little present to remember it by. I covered my body with Poison Oak that I am just n0ow healing from. I didnt know it had even existed there but you know that hike I talked baout in my last blog well it made quite a physical impression.

We said good bye to the barco inhundido, Zapatilla, Mondo Taitu, Batida lady, Chicken lady and all those inbetween and headed south on a midnight bus to Cañaza well actually a little campo town with about 400 residents called Alto de los Sanchez, near Cañaza. We met our friend stationed there for the peace core. We got off a little bus in the middle of what looked like no where and turned out to be a hidden adventure of friendly people and green mountains.

The hike in was about 30 minutes and we met Daniel our friend right near his house. The conditions he lives in are fascinating for someone who is used to an ample supply of resources. His toilet is a bucket and his shower is a hose. He gets the luxery of electricity but the majority of his neighbors end there day when the sun ends its day. He lives with bats, lizards, and a respectful little Toranchula.

We spent our time there going on hikes and seeing the world from above. We only stayed one night and from there made our way on to the opposite side of the developing scale to la Ciudad de Panamá. The city has offered us a whole other world of adventures while we wait for the next, well frankly I never really know any more what comes next.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Leland Baxter-Neal said…

    glad you guys had so much fun in Bocas, but i am very jealous you're on your way (or already in) Colombia. Ive been reading a bit lately about it. Have fun, and of course, be careful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home